We would like to invite you to the Floriculture Trade Mission to The Netherlands, organised for the Kenyan flower industry from Friday 26th till Monday 29th of October 2012.
Green Farming is organizing this trade mission with the support of the Kenyan Flower Council for growers and exporters interested in meeting potential business partners. The participants will get to build on their international networks, while investigating technological and commercial opportunities in The Netherlands.
Green Farming is a joint representation of Dutch co-operating companies that can offer a joint package of products and services including advisory and knowledge development, focussed on technical solutions for the sustainable development of horticultural businesses. The aim of the Dutch members is to develop production systems in co-operation with Kenyan partners.
We organize visits to growers, propagators, technology suppliers, horticultural research sites and marketing partners. The program will address the following five themes of Green Farming:
- Water management: including on fertigation, recirculation, water storage, water treatment and growing on hydroponics
- Crop management: including cultivation system, canopy management, crop protection and IPM, starting material and propagation
- Post harvest, logistics and trade: including post harvest procedures and treatments, vase life improvement, the cool chain, value addition, direct and indirect marketing, ICT
- Climate and energy management: including the greenhouse climate control and opportunities for alternative energy sources
- Research and knowledge transfer: research projects on a selection of the topics mentioned under water, crop and climate management
During this Trade Mission, local transport, part of the dinners and lunches will be provided for by Green Farming and its members. The costs of the participants will include return air ticket, accommodation, some of the meals and an organisation fee of € 150. The organizers are currently exploring discount rates for air tickets and accommodation.
To sign up for the trade mission please fill in and return the attached intake form. The provided information will help us in planning the visits and making the necessary appointments for individual matchmaking.
The closing date for participation is Monday 24th of September, but you are encouraged to subscribe early in order to facilitate group discount rates and at the same time provide us with ample time to organize the individual matchmaking meetings according to your requirements.
We look forward to receive your intake form. We will provide you with a detailed program. For questions or more information please feel encouraged contacting us or our Kenyan partners.
On behalf of Green Farming,
Green Farming Secretary