Nairobi, November 15, 2017. Strathmore Business School (SBS) and AGCO Corporation, a top Fortune 500 Company and global leader in the design, manufacture, and distribution of agricultural solutions has partnered with Strathmore Business School (SBS), The Bridge Africa and Harper Adams University (UK) in designing a Training Program to train and support Africa’s future leaders in Agribusiness and Agro-industry.
This programme, called AGCO Agribusiness Qualification (AAQ), targets youth in Africa who are passionate about addressing food security challenges on the continent and creating innovative solutions and therefore establishing a profitable and sustainable agribusiness and agro-industry sector.
Enrolment to the program is currently open to any student in Africa who is keen on pursuing a career in the agribusiness sector. Any interested candidate will be required to apply online and must demonstrate his/her desire to provide innovative solutions for Africa to feed the world.
Applicants who meet the requirements below are encouraged to apply.
• Aged 20-30 years.
• Hold First Class or Upper Second Class Honors degrees from recognized universities.
• Must have two years of work experience.
• Applicants must demonstrate a strong interest in Agribusiness and Agriculture
• Commitment to the entire duration of the full-time two-year program, and subsequent 2 year
placement in the AGCO Africa organization.
• Immediate payment of 40,000/= (Forty Thousand Kenya Shillings) commitment fee upon acceptance
into the AAQ Program.
• Must be able to secure own meals, accommodation and transport for duration of time spent in
• Must demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills.
• Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Successful students will:
1. Get sponsorship for a 2-year Executive Education Program at Strathmore Business School and will
include practical on-farm experience with experts in model farms.
2. Will receive support from world class organization in Kenya, United Kingdom and United States
of America, in the professional journey that will expose them to international perspectives.
3. If successful at completion of the training, they will receive a 2-year placement in junior
management role within AGCO Africa offices and partners.
For more information or any queries, please contact Njoki Kiagiri on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +254-0728603596